Friday, August 15, 2008

Update - Awards, challenges, and a sitcom

Thank you to everyone who came to The Actor's Project Showcases in June. Because of the outstanding support, I won the Box Office Award -- over $1,000 in prizes! I've already been taking advantage of my new lifetime membership and entry-fee waivers.

In October, I will be taking part in the next round of showcases; the dates are yet to be finalized, but I will let you know when they are.

My friends Jen Kwok and Eric Fortin -- collectively, The Tijuana Yacht Club -- have been writing a sitcom entitled Undiscovered New York: Uncovered, and I will have a recurring role. We've met several times and we are set to start shooting in the next few weeks. Should be awesome!

Finally, the next Monologue Challenge will be taking place next Thurs, August 21st. Just like one in January, industry judges will pick the finalists and the audience will pick the winner. I was a finalist last time, but there was nothing to be done about competing against the old woman talking about her suitor's "pee-pee."

Maybe this time there won't be a Michael Phelps-like juggernaut, everyone else fighting for second.

Here are the details:
  • Thursday, August 21st, 7:00 PM
  • 353 Studios, 353 W. 48th St., 2nd Floor
  • MAP
  • Admission: $15 (2 for 1 if you buy today, 8/15)
  • Tickets available HERE or by calling 212-560-0991.

No comments: