Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Monologue Challenge Results!

I did not win the Monologue Challenge, but I did make the top 5 as a finalist! As we performed, the judges gave us ratings and the five highest-ranked actors were declared finalists. The audience members then cast ballots to pick the winner.

Unfortunately for all the rest of us, an adorable 70-ish-year-old woman took part and did a piece where she tells the story of how a man showed up, naked, in her room one day with a beautiful bracelet around his erect "pee-pee" as a token of his affection. She rejected him and the bracelet fell to the floor as its support was, ahem, deflated. It was hysterical and none of us really stood a chance at that point.

It would have been great to win, don't get me wrong, but it was definitely a step in the right direction. I made some contacts and I had a chance to make a good impression with some industry folks And it was a lot of fun, simply watching so many great monologues. Kudos to all who took part.

Upcoming Events

In the next several days, I will be posting some information on here and on my web site about upcoming events, in addition to the mass emails. Let me know at justin@justinhoch.com if you would like to subscribe.

No comments: